During one on one time with her she cried and cried. She melted into me and just grabbed on for dear life. As she poured out her heart and told me about her life we just sat and rocked and cried together. I just knew her Heavenly Father's heart was breaking for her. She was 10 during the summer. She poured out her story of being the oldest of four children, helping her mother with the younger ones, scavenging to find food. She understood poverty, worry, disease, and death. She carried it around her like a ball and chain. She also understood fear....mostly that this Heavenly Father wouldn't care about her. She wanted to believe it with all of her heart but disappointment had been a close companion in her life.
The great news is that last summer HOPE won over fear and doubt. Precious Cecelia gave her heart to Jesus. She prayed with tears and trembling lips. She had a Father who loved her. Smiles still didn't come easy but they did come. Her eyes were still cautious but had a brightness to them they did not have before. Hope was ignited in this beautiful girl.
She later told me that she could not afford to go to school. She wanted to be an accountant. She told me she was going to pray. We prayed together. The last day of camp she made me promise not to forget her...I have not.
HOWEVER!!! Family Legacy has a new school in her community. Cecilia will be an accountant! She told us that her favorite subjects are Math and English. She told me she is going to work hard. She is going to school! A wonderful school where she will learn Math and English. She will also be loved and cared for. She will learn more and more about Jesus. Her faith can grow!!! Her life has hope. Education will enable her to break the chains of poverty. Her faith will enable her to break the chains of hopelessness. Her prayer has been heard.
Today was a great day!
One precious child at a time.....
Love you all.
Stephanie
Thanks for this great story. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Mom & Dad N.
ReplyDeleteGreat story Stephanie. I am sure that you will be changing the life of lots of kids this year. I am so looking ofrward to more stories like this one. You and them are in my thoughts and preayers.
ReplyDeleteMaxie
You are touching so many! You are an amazing courageous woman! Love you and all you do! Kathy S.
ReplyDeleteMay God richly bless you and keep you, Steph! What you are doing for those lucky kids in Zambia is so AWESOME, and I lift you in prayer every chance I get.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Bud (Michael)
What a wonderful story and testimony! Wow! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteKathy Hise
Muli bwang Step!!! You have a gift to write sister! Your story really made me feel transported as if I was with you in Zambia! Wow, my heart hurts for the desperatly needy people you are bringing hope to. Thanks for the representation for the kingdom of God. Christ, through you, bringing love, hope and vision. Faithfully your prayer intercessors. Doug & Lin. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteStephanie - So awesome to follow your journey as you post your blogs! Can't wait to see God's continued work through you. God bless you and keep you! Renee O.
ReplyDeleteStephanie, I have your card on my keyboard so I can see you every day hugging this wonderful little children. You're doing such a great job! God bless you my friend!
ReplyDeleteJoelle R.
Stephanie, I am amazed at what God is doing through you! I pray that God continue to watch over you, protect you and guide you every day as you pour into the lives of these sweet children and their families.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you,
Darlene B.