African Journey

African Journey

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Camp Life 2012

How to put into words what an incredible time Camp Life was this year.  Family Legacy Missions is rocking the country of Zambia for the Kingdom of God - Big Time!!  It is so exciting to be a part of it.  This year I had the awesome and amazing opportunity to have a group of girls that were 7-10.  They each were so incredibly beautiful.  None of them had been to camp before.  Everything was new. 

Mary was a girl that had such a winning personality.  Her eyebrows would go up and down!  She had a great laugh.  She cuddled so close....and when she could not get any closer, I felt her tears run down my arm.  She just wanted to be loved and held.  Oh....how wonderful she felt in my arms. 

Cecilia was a girl who did not smile much at first.  She studied me very closely....but she would always press in at the end of the day for a hug.  She is a natural leader.  When my Zambian partner was not around, she would help me with the rest of the girls....always looking for approval from me.  She cried so hard when it was time to leave....She made me promise not to forget her.  A promise that will never be hard to keep.

Fatuma - a girl that always wanted to be the center of everything going on.  When it came time for blessing time with her, I felt in my heart that she was a muslim.  After asking her some questions, it was confirmed that she did indeed go to the mosque.  I did not know quite how to handle the Gospel with her.  She is 7, already very poor - I did not want to do anything that would hurt her living situation....so I was pondering all these things when she touched my arm and said "Auntie Stepha - could you just pray for me to have Jesus in my heart.  Oh wow - the faith of this little one.

I will share more of the stories of the precious lives that have taken real estate in my heart. 

Family Legacy is reaching children for the Kingdom.  Educating children to break the awful cycle of poverty.  If you ever would like to come and be a great part of a ministry that is transforming a nation - let me know! 

I am getting excited to start planning my move for 2012!  Please pray that our house sells quickly! 
Love you all - thanks for your prayers and support.  You are awesome!!

Love,
Auntie Stepha  (Stephanie)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,
    We love your posts so far and look forward to the next one. We love you, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete