The children's faces swim before my eyes all day long. They wake me up during the night. Sometimes I just smile at the precious thought of them, but most of the time I wonder if they are ok. Are they hungry? Did what they saw and heard go into their hearts? Is there someone out there that will sponsor one of them...to save them? Who do we need to sponsor?
I really believe that starvation, disease, and poverty is NOT the plan the Lord has for each of these children. I really believe that they have a future and a hope. The enemy may have come to kill, steal, and destroy but the Lord came to give life and life abundantly. I know that each person in the world has an amazing calling. These precious ones are no different :) It is exciting to see children in classrooms where they have been on the streets. It is exciting to see children pray to a God that loves them when they have never known love or acceptance before. Still processing all that is going on in Zambia.
I also promised to introduce to you more of my girls. Well today I will tell you about 3 of them.
Esther - she was my youngest. She was so overwhelmed when Camp Life began. She was just taking it all in. She had sad eyes, scars, and would look away often. She grabbed my heart right away. Her clothes were so thin you could see right through them....no under clothes, a torn skirt, and a dirty under shirt with a flannel shirt over. She wore the same clothes each day. I took a pair of some princess panties that we had brought to Zambia with us for her. She put them on....she was so proud of them that she wanted to show everyone!!! Whoa - so so precious. I wonder how she is?
Ruth - Ruth was very quiet and shy. She always wanted to touch me. If she could not have one of my hands, she would simply put her hand on my waist as we walked. She seemed to find a way into my lap every chance I sat down. She had a precious giggle. She loved to braid my hair and it made her laugh that it would not stay like hers! She loves to sing. She sounds like an angel. I wish I could hug her one more time.
Dorothy - She was incredibly quiet. We taught her about the Lord and she would just soak it up. She watched the evangecube, she heard the Seek First, but I did not know what she was thinking. Then we went into the community on Thursday. WOW! We found a young girl at the side of the street laying down because she was sick. Dorothy grabbed my hand, laid hands on the precious girl and prayed like a prayer warrior. She pleaded, she blessed, she thanked! Out of the mouths of babes! She then took the evangecube and shared the Gospel. She shared it all day long. All this amazing passion and care came flowing out of a little girl. When I gave her a hug and told her she was amazing, she simply said "Isn't that what you told us we should do with the love of Jesus?" Yes - precious one - thank you for being such a great example!
As January nears and my plans for moving get clearer, I will let you know the details. We are very excited to be a part of what the Lord is doing in Zambia.
Here is a picture of Dorothy evangelizing! She is amazing!!
I love you all!!
Stephanie

Hi Steph, Marilea and I just read this entry and your experiences with these girls are amazing, and their actions in return are amazing as well. We are so proud of you. Love, Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post. Hearing Dorothy's story just brings everything back into perspective doesn't it. I'm really looking forward to following your journey into 2012!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Larohl its jacob Brown
ReplyDeleteI was just reading Matthew 9:35-38 and what you doing completely fulfills that scripture. Just wanted to thank you for everything your doing. I'll be sure to follow your journey.
I am so excited about what the Lord has done and will continue to do through these amazing kids - and you! So many amazing things to come... =D
ReplyDelete-Clay