WOW - I will be moving to Africa in 107 days. It just seems crazy. I look at the pictures of the children at the Tree of Life and I cannot believe that I get to serve there!! It is so exciting.
I learned that the children at the Tree of Life have next April off. It is like a short summer break. So my mind is going through some fun ideas of what we can do during those weeks....art camp? cross stitching? badmitton? nature walks? finger painting? a musical performance perhaps? field trip? I am very excited about this enrichment time. I am praying for creative and fun ideas! If you have any, please let me know!!
This last weekend all of the kids were home. It was such an amazing time. They are all supportive of the decision for me to be in Africa for a year...very amazing kids. BUT - this weekend my heart stopped in my chest. I think about my kids and John...and being away from them - it really hit me how much I am going to miss them! Tears flowed, thoughts ran crazy in my mind - such an emotional step in the journey. It caught me by surprise.
On the practical side of this journey, we are still trying to sell our home. We are praying for a buyer even in a slow housing market. The money that we receive will be used for the ministry in Africa :) Fund raising is just plain tough. I know many people have told me that it is a faith building, and I know that it is....I just want to be done building my faith in that area!! I will need about $25,000 for the time that I am in Africa. If you would like to join me in this journey - the link to my fund raising is https://donate.familylegacy.com/supportstephanie- I have some amazing partners already...and for you I am so very grateful!
The ministry that is happening in Zambia is truly remarkable. 15 schools are opening. This means that children that would be out on the dirt roads will be in a classroom with a trained teacher, food, love and an education to break the cycle of poverty. That jazzes me up! The Tree of Life Children's Village is adding homes - which means more children will be permanently moved out of horrific situations and into a home. A safe home. The families where children are staying that are riddled with hunger and desperation are being reached with food, love, kindness, counseling....Family Legacy is moving and grooving in Zambia.
If you would like to join FLMI for a mission trip, check out the website http://www.familylegacy.com/ - it will change your world...and it will change the world of some children who desperately need you.
I love you all.....thanks for reading my ramblings this morning. I promise to blog more often when I am in Zambia!! With pictures!!
Blessings,
Stephanie
Stephanie!!! Oh my goodness I didn't know you were moving to Africa!! How amazing!!! I was reading through some of your blog and I'm so excited for what God is doing through you. So thankful to Father that He can trust you with this assignment to pour love into those people. May God be with you and grant you favor in all you do! Love you! Lucy Molina www.alionandalamb.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete